Monday, June 25, 2012

Crafting, Creating, and My Little Helper

Why is it that I never seem to blog during the day? Hmm, I wonder....

Maybe it has to do with my little one wanting to help with every project I do. Does that sound familiar to anyone else? Please tell me it does.

My little helper and I finished up this awesome desktop organizer that I've been seeing in different versions all over the web. I spray painted it white. (It came in an icky gray color). Then I cut pieces of scrapbook paper to fit. My little girl was right beside me drawing and making "books" out of the scraps. Then I wrote labels on the paper for each drawer with a nail paint pen. (My daughter also insisted that I paint her nails with it, which I did.) Finally, I used packing tape to secure the paper to each drawer. My little helper pulled it off the role for me. This project took me awhile, but I think it would normally go quicker.

Also, I've completed some more binder covers that were requested. I made a set of cupcake binder covers and a set of dog themed ones. You can get either one by clicking on the picture.



Thanks for stopping by my blog. Please come back again. If you see something you like or have a question, I'd love to hear from you.



12 comments:

  1. OMG! I just bought this same thing from the Container store yesterday! I was trying to figure out how to tape the paper on the inside...

    Michelle
    Apples and ABC's

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I cut the tape longer than the paper. Then I stuck it to the backs of the paper so that it stuck out on both ends. I folded the tape backwards to prevent it from sticking until I got the paper positioned. Then I pressed the tape in place onto the plastic. I hope that this helps and doesn't make it more confusing.

      Delete
  2. Your desktop organizer came out fantastic!!! It's definitely one of my favorite pinterest projects of the summer. :)

    Lisa
    Learning Is Something to Treasure

    ReplyDelete
  3. We have awarded you The Lovely Blog award! Stop by our blog to pick it up :)

    -Katie and Lisen
    Wearesecondgradesmartypants.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your organizer and I LOVE the dog theme binder covers. They are perfect for my Clifford theme. I am amazed by all that you do and your willingness to share. Thanks so much! Now, Im' off to print my new binder covers:)
    Tina

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Tina! I am so glad the binder covers work for you.

      Delete
  5. I awarded you the One Lovely Blog Award! Stop by my blog to accept it!
    Amy
    Where Seconds Count 2nd grade blog

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh my gosh! I am in love with the cupcake binder covers! Thank you! I do not know you, but I know you are very thoughtful! I teach literacy and science...4th grade...let me know if I can give you anything.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Jenny! Thank you so much for the very sweet note. It makes my day to know other people are able to use my stuff.

      Delete