Tuesday, June 19, 2012

Toys, Clutter, Organization, and Chores

One of my favorite things about summer is that I finally have time to catch up on things around the house. The super busy end of the school year means my house has been sadly neglected. Toys have taken over. Literally, there are toys EVERYWHERE. I am not sharing the before pictures. They're way too embarrassing! 
Now that I've cleaned up, it looks so much better. It is great to be able to get to the toy shelf without having to shove aside piles of toys. Now that I've done the organizing, my daughter needs to be motivated to keep it tidy.
I had to think about that one for awhile. She hates doesn't exactly enjoy cleaning up her toys, but she does love earning money. There are tons of chore charts out there, but I wanted something cute and concrete. I came up with this. Since she gets fake money it is much more real to her than checks on a chart.




2 comments:

  1. I wonder the same thing about my daughter and all her stuff. I LOVE your chore chart, I need one for my daughter too. You have given my the inspiration, Thanks !

    Rie
    Hip, Hop Hurray! Tales of the Reading Rascals

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Rie! I'm glad you like the chore chart. It worked like a charm today. She came home from school and asked me not to talk to her because she was busy doing her chores. LOL!

    ReplyDelete