Monday, July 2, 2012

Back to School Organization

Everyday (at least most days) we do calendar math in my classroom. We also have a word wall. Both of them mean that I have to keep up with small pieces that get added during the appropriate season/unit. It's hard to keep up with all of the pieces, but I definitely want to reuse them from year to year. I needed a way to organize and store them cheaply. Here's what I cam up with.
I already had some Swiffer wet wipe containers around the house. I cleaned the boxes and removed the plastic label around them. Then, I created monthly labels to put on the top and side. I printed, labeled, and hot glued the labels. Here's how they came out. 

Thanks for stopping by Grade School Giggles and taking the time to read my post. Let me know if you have any other storage ideas for these boxes and if you would like a set for your classroom you can grab this freebie by clicking on the picture. 


Mandy over at Mandy's Tips for Teachers is hosting a linky party all about supply organization. She is sharing some free supply labels too. I decided to link up this post and I can't wait to see what other ideas are shared. Hop on over  by clicking on the button below. 





As always, thanks for stopping by and reading this post. Ya'll rock!



9 comments:

  1. I never thought of that! Thank you for sharing.
    Amy
    Where Seconds Count 2nd grade blog

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is such a great idea! Thank you for the labels!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Charlene! I'm glad you like it. Thanks for stopping by the blog.

      Delete
  3. Thanks for sharing this!

    I love the labels

    Pocket Full of Kinders

    Shuna P

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for the freebies! Can't wait to try these on my bins!
    Melissa O at http://transitionalkinder.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a great idea! Thanks for sharing! I just found your blog and am a new follwer!
    Laura
    TIPS: Teach, Inspire, and Prepare Students

    ReplyDelete
  6. So cute! Thanks for the freebie!

    ReplyDelete