Friday, July 27, 2012

Free Word Ladder

I've been without internet and I've missed ya'll. Right now I'm sitting at McDonald's eating an ice cream just so I can write this post. So, it's going to be a short one.

I thought I would share some word ladders I made last year with ya'll. If you haven't used word ladders before, they are a type of puzzle that consists of a chain of words that change by one letter each time.

This set of word ladders focuses on short vowel CVC words and would work for kindergarten or early first grade. I made different levels of each word ladder to allow for easy differentiation. You can grab them by clicking on one of the pictures below.

 
I also wrote a guest post over at Teach The Math today with a fun little math freebie. Stop by Teach the Math and grab it too. It's a lot of fun.



13 comments:

  1. Thanks Mary! I am glad you like them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the ladders! I just found your blog and so surprised I had not heard of it before. Thank you so much for sharing. I love your site!!

    Misty
    Think, Wonder, & Teach
    Honey Bunch Blog Design

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Misty! My blog is less than a month old. So, I'm not surprised you hadn't heard of it, but how I hadn't run into yours is another question. Wonderful blog!

      Delete
  3. I really love the word ladders. They seem like a fun and simple way for kiddos to build on their learning and a great way for teachers to differentiate. It would even be great to reward my kiddos once they reach the top of the ladder!

    Thank you for sharing!

    Kristen


    I do, We Do, You Do!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping by Kristen and congrats on starting a blog this summer. You've got some great stuff.

      Delete
  4. Love the word ladders. Just became your newest follower.
    Sharon
    Dogdaysofkindergarten.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Sharon. You've got a cute theme going on over at your blog.

      Delete
  5. I hope you get internet soon! At least you get to enjoy ice cream. :) I am your newest follower.

    Erica
    Sprinkles to Kindergarten
    erica_crowder0612@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sometimes ice cream is an essential. Thanks for stopping by Erica. Your blog is so bright. Cute!

      Delete
  6. love the word ladder...im your newest follower...drop by=)


    Just Wild About Teaching

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping by. I'll check your blog out.

      Delete