Friday, June 21, 2013

Five for Friday, a Flood, & a Freebie

This crazy busy week started out with a bang. I'm linking up with Doodle Bugs Teaching's Five for Friday linky party to tell you all about it and I'm sharing a freebie too.


Sweet Pea, my oldest daughter had a sleepover. I took the girls for mani-pedis as a special treat.  While we were soaking our feet both girls started yelling, "excuse me." Just as I was starting to hush them I saw why. The water in their chairs was pouring onto the floor. Seriously, they were sitting in the middle of a flash flood.

While mopping the floor with towels the employees assured me that the girls had not somehow managed to break anything. It turned out that a fuse had blown during the storm we had the night before that controlled the automatic shutoff on the machines. The rest of our mani-pedi treat was much calmer and now our nails are sparkly and pink.


While Little-Bit, my youngest, had to miss out on spa time, she did learn how to smile for real this week. Check out her toothless baby grin. So stinking cute!


Now that I've talked about my darlings, I'll get on to talking about teaching stuff. First off, Google Reader is about to end. Yikes! I know a lot of you are switching to Bloglovin, but I am torn between it and Feedly. Help a girl out and leave me some suggestions if you've found the perfect reader for you.

Next up, I've just started a new book. It's called "The Together Teacher." So far I am only on chapter two, but so far it looks like it's going to be good. Have any of you read it?

I saved the best for last. If you've made it to the end of this long post be sure to grab this freebie. It's a poster of question words. My younger students often don't know the difference between questions and statements. A list of question words to refer to really helps them. I'd love to hear any tips you have for helping your kiddos distinguish between the two.


As always thanks for taking the time to stop by and read my blog. I've linked up this freebie with TBA's Freebie Friday. Stop by to find more freebies.



4 comments:

  1. The Together Teacher is on my summer reading list this summer too. I've read it through once and am working on implementing some of the ideas now. I definitely need to be more organized this year!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm using Blog Lovin' and I like it :-) But I never used Google Reader, so I don't really have anything to compare it to. Your toothless grinner is a cutie!
    KaSandra
    MemoriesMadeinFirst

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm right there with you- very torn between Feedly and Bloglovin. I love the list view in feedly and it just has a simpler look (more like my beloved Reader). I submitted this feedback to Bloglovin- maybe they'll listen and offer this layout too.

    ReplyDelete