Sunday, June 30, 2013

Made It Monday -July 4th Edition

It's Made It Monday over at 4th Grade Frolics. I'm linking up with something a little different this week because it's summer and I am home with my two precious daughters. So, I hope you don't mind that this post isn't classroom related.


 This hairstyle was inspired by a picture on Pinterest. I would love to show you the inspiration, but it was one of those frustrating pins on Pinterest that lead to nowhere. Even after a Google search I couldn't find the source or directions on how to recreate it. So, I came up with my own version. Here it is.

Since my daughter isn't home right now I am using her American Girl doll to show you what I did to her hair.


Once you've made all the ponytails it's time to start twisting. Even though this hairstyle has a lot of steps it is actually a lot easier than it looks once you know the steps.


On my daughter, I braided her hair at the end. However, her doll didn't have enough hair for that. Everything else is the same.




3 comments:

  1. I'm impressed. I wouldn't have the slightest idea of how to pull that off, even with great directions like yours. :)
    ❀ Tammy
    Forever in First

    ReplyDelete
  2. How cute!!! If I only had a girl to try this on. (I have 2 boys). Great job! Super adorable.

    April
    Wolfelicious

    ReplyDelete