Thursday, July 11, 2013

How To Erase Permanent Marker

Have you ever made a mistake while labeling student materials? Have you ever labeled folders or binders and then wanted to use them for something else?


Did you know that there is a super simple way to remove permanent marker from most plastic and other nonporous materials?


First, get your item you want to erase. Second, go over the permanent marker with a dry erase marker. Cover it thoroughly.


Finally, wipe it off. If any marker is left a damp wipe will finish the job. You're done!

I hope this tip was helpful. Do you have cool classroom tip or trick? I'd love to hear from you in the comments.

Thanks for stopping by Grade School Giggles. Please take a second to follow my blog if you don't already. Thanks!

6 comments:

  1. Great tip! I will have to try that.

    EmilyK

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hmmm....I wonder if that will work on last year's binder that I need to relabel. I've tried rubbing alcohol but it only takes off some of the marks. Thanks for the tip!

    Bridget
    First Grade Circus

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nail polish remover usually works too;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've tried everything to get permanent marker off my whiteboard. Nothing works. ARGH!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I use either rubbing alcohol or the dry erase board cleaner. Love this tip tho since I don't always have these on hand.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Aftershave works even better then nail polish remover! I usually use the Lectric Shave brand, works wonders and it'll work on sharpie that's been on for over a year

    ReplyDelete