Monday, July 8, 2013

Made It Monday - Neat Pin Jar

One of the amazing teachers that I've co-taught with had a simple, fun way of encouraging her students to use their best handwriting. I'm totally stealing her idea for this year because the kids loved it and it worked.
When the kids turned in their writing assignments with neat handwriting they were granted the privilege of using a neat pen for the rest of class. A lot of assignments still had to be completed in pencil. On those assignments, they just used the pens to write their names. Other things could be done in pen. Either way, the kids were thrilled to earn those neat pens.
So, for today's Made It Monday, I made a neat pen jar and filled it with a few special pens. I can't wait to use them with my students. You can find more Made It Monday ideas over at the blog hop at Fourth Grade Frolics.

As always, thanks for stopping by Grade School Giggles. Please take a second to leave a comment or follow the blog. Thanks!

5 comments:

  1. I love this idea! My kids will love it too, I'm stealing it ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great way to encourage neat handwriting!

    Lindsey
    Lovin’ Kindergarten

    ReplyDelete
  3. I wish I would have seen this when I taught fourth!

    I bet I could modify it for my class now, though. Maybe "Neat Pencils" would be just as enticing for my Littles. :)

    Carrie
    First Grade with Ms. Dawley

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love it! I am stealing this one!
    Hilary
    Second Grade is Out of this World!

    ReplyDelete
  5. So simple yet most of us never thought if this! Love it!

    ReplyDelete